Pre 1955: Bletchley Baptist Mission Hall
24th May 1939: The opening of the new school hall in Old Bletchley.
This is now housing, located opposite Tesco on Newton Road.
1942: A company of the Girls Life Brigade began (2nd Bletchley).
1955: St Andrews Baptist Church
A site was found on the corner of Buckingham Road and St Andrews Road.
March 1955: the building work commenced
28th May 1955: a stone laying ceremony was held at the site of St Andrews.
15th October 1955: St Andrews Baptist Church Opening
The day which everyone had worked and prayed towards was finally here. 350 people turned out at the opening of the building.
With the opening of the new church, it was decided to commence a regular
Sunday Morning service.
Until the start of the 1970's St Andrews was the centre of the community.
|Revd. Neil B Hall
|Revd. Alan F Griggs
|Revd. Alfred Wood
|By 1996 the church had declined heavily and was unable to support a full-time minister.|
|Revd. Donald Jayne
|Revd. Allison Fuller
Our Student Ministers:
Two Year Interregnum
Serious consideration of future.
2011 onwards Full Time Minister
2008-2011: Growth in Several
November 2021 - April 2023. Richard Sherlock
St Andrews birthed a short-term vision to be a prodigal friendly Church.
St Andrews appointed its first full-time minister since 1996 with support from Home Mission.
St Andrews vision to be a community hub was born out of prophetic words and scripture, namely Isaiah 54:2
St Andrews took on two interns - one for Administration and the other for Music. The Administration intern progressed into an apprenticeship, part-time and now full-time, now supported by the church and external funding.
2016: Home Mission
St Andrews came out of Home Mission, years earlier than expected.